Wednesday 5 September 2012

Entry for Competition

I’d describe myself as an avid gamer and long term Pokémon fan who is aspiring to become a games journalist. I have grown up watching my parents and even grandparents play the likes of SNES, N64 and the PS1. One of my fondest memories of gaming was playing Pokémon Yellow on my very own green Gameboy Pocket for the first time; it’s a Christmas I shall always treasure. I have recently been accepted into college to complete a Journalism NCTJ accredited diploma which I shall start in September. This voluntary work would be a brilliant opportunity to kick start things by showing what I can do. Most days when I’m not doing my part time job at Sainsburys, I am usually gaming and browsing the web for the latest gaming news and stories. Pokémon has always been a huge passion of mine (in fact I hope to get a tattoo for it soon). I have built up a huge amount of knowledge of the series over the years and can play the main series at competition level if I so desired. I don’t have many other hobbies but I do like sports, films, music etc. I want to learn a martial art and go to the gym too. I Love discussing and debating with the gaming community, I always like to see things from both sides and I respect people’s opinions. It would be an honour to write for a fantastic site, which for me has the greatest communication with its fans. Even if it were just one article it would help me greatly.

This was part of my entry form for the Pokéjungle competition.

- Sam Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment